Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon March 7, 2011
Duke Receives $80 Million Gift
Duke University announced today the largest gift in the school’s history. The Duke Endowment of Charlotte gave the University $80 million dollars.
The money will go to renovating West Union and the Page Auditorium on West Campus. West was the student union before the Bryan Center opened in 1982. The renovated building will be used for student social space and dining.
Page Auditorium will also undergo an extensive renovation as will Baldwin Auditorium on East Campus. Both spaces will be modernized and updated to hold concerts and speeches.
The Duke Endowment of Charlotte has given the University more than $1.2 billion since 1924.