Governor Roy Cooper is reminding North Carolinians to find a safe place to stay as torrential rain and flooding continues to pummel parts of the state. For some, that safe place to stay may be another night at a shelter far away from home, like the UNC shelter in Chapel Hill.
Updated at 9:58 a.m. ET As the confirmation vote for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh neared, both parties had seen potential political benefits for them in the upcoming midterm elections. For Republicans, it was a chance to energize the base by putting another conservative justice on the court, potentially reshaping it for a generation. For Democrats, the specter of rolling back abortion rights, the Affordable Care Act and more was a way to further energize an already engaged liberal...
Like & Follow WUNC
- Israel blames Syria for Russian aircrew deaths but 'expresses sorrow'
- China hits back at Trump with tariffs on $60bn of US goods
- McDonald's workers strike over sexual harassment policy
- Japan billionaire to be first moon tourist
- Australia strawberry needle scare: Apple and banana fuel 'copycat' fears
- Celia Barquín: European golf champion murdered in Iowa