Updated 3:20 p.m. The board overseeing North Carolina's public universities has rejected the UNC Trustees' plan for a center to house a Confederate statue known as Silent Sam on the Chapel Hill campus.
The U.S. Department of Education is sending emails to about 15,000 people across the country telling them: You've got money. These are former students — and some parents of students — who took out loans for colleges that shut down between Nov. 1, 2013, and Dec. 4, 2018. About half attended campuses run by Corinthian Colleges . They will get their money back or have their debt forgiven — an amount estimated at $150 million, all told — under a provision called Automatic Closed School Discharge....
Films that draw viewers into the gritty highs and lows of the music world are having a big cinematic moment. There is the new head-banging Queen biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody,” yet another reincarnation of “A Star is Born,” featuring pop icon Lady Gaga, and the forthcoming “Rocketman” that takes on the rise of Elton John.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Saudi Arabia condemns US Senate 'interference'
- Sajjan Kumar: Milestone conviction in deadly anti-Sikh riots
- Gay Singaporean man wins landmark appeal to adopt surrogate child
- HQ Trivia and Vine co-founder Colin Kroll dead at 34
- Three-year-old assaulted on Delhi bus rape anniversary
- Mexico launches $7.4bn Tren Maya railway project