Bennett College’s accreditation was restored Friday afternoon by a federal court in Atlanta, Georgia. The school had lost its accreditation earlier Friday when the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools denied the college’s appeal to maintain their accreditation.
The Trump administration has issued its final draft of a rule that makes sweeping changes to Title X, the federal program that provides birth control and other reproductive health services to millions of low-income Americans. Under the new rule , posted Friday by the federal Department of Health and Human Services Office of Population Affairs, any organization that provides or refers patients for abortions is ineligible for Title X funding to cover STD prevention, cancer screenings and...
William Ferris is known around North Carolina as a folklorist — a man whose passion is to chronicle the stories, music and culture of the American South. His love for documenting his communities began as a boy. At 12 years old, he was given a camera and began to take photographs around his neighborhood in Warren County, Mississippi. There are tales of young Ferris taking a reel-to-reel recorder to record hymns at church.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Venezuela crisis: Clashes break out at border towns
- Kim Jong-un leaves North Korea for Vietnam by train
- Assam toxic alcohol deaths: 99 people die in north-eastern Indian state
- Stanley Donen: Singin' in the Rain co-director dies aged 94
- R Kelly: Singer's bail set at $1m after sex abuse charges
- Samir Flores Soberanes: Thousands march in Mexico City over activist's murder