The 2001 Hollywood blockbuster movie "Black Hawk Down" portrayed the story of the Battle of Mogadishu. Now, a new documentary hopes to change the narrative.
A federal court in San Francisco has temporarily blocked the Trump administration's new asylum ban, saying it violates existing law and would cause irreparable harm to immigrants. Earlier this month, President Trump issued a proclamation saying anyone crossing the U.S. southern border without doing so through an official port would be ineligible for asylum. The American Civil Liberties Union, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Center for Constitutional Rights and others quickly filed...
Asheville-based chef Meherwan Irani has been nominated for three James Beard Awards and co-founded a restaurant group with his wife, but he has no formal culinary training. He started cooking Indian food as a hobby born out of frustration with the lack of good Indian food options in the United States. With guidance from his mother, Irani recreated his favorite childhood foods in his own kitchen.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Kabul suicide bomber kills dozens at gathering of clerics
- US migrant caravan: Trump's asylum ban halted by judge
- Chicago lift fall: Six survive 875 North Michigan Avenue drama
- Chicago hospital shooting: Doctor, pharmacist and policeman killed
- Rome to bulldoze luxury mafia villas
- Dead sperm whale found in Indonesia had ingested '6kg of plastic'