When Elizabeth Allen picked her kids up from school on September 10, she didn’t know it would be October before she dropped them off again.
President Trump intervened in a big federal building project to help protect business for his hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue, a group of House Democrats alleged on Thursday. Trump wants to demolish and rebuild the FBI's headquarters, the Democrats say, to preserve the site's government ownership and deny any potential competitors to the Trump International Hotel at the Old Post Office Pavilion up the street. The Democrats called that an abuse of power and a violation of the regulations that are...
News deserts are cropping up across America. A new report shows nearly 1,800 papers have shuttered or merged since 2004, and 171 counties across the U.S. have no local newspaper. This decline has deep implications for civic participation and government accountability, which become even more critical around election time.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Jamal Khashoggi case: Fox and Mnuchin quit Saudi summit
- Top Afghan commander Raziq killed in Kandahar gun attack
- Barcelona's Sagrada Familia agrees deal over lack of licence
- Trump makes new threat over US-Mexico border
- Jean-Luc Mélenchon: French left-wing leader quizzed over cash
- Brexit: France's Macron plays down UK 'no deal' visa fears