North Carolina legislators are providing several options to vote under a proposed bill that would require photo identification at the polls. Earlier this month voters gave lawmakers approval to amend the state constitution to mandate ID at the ballot box.
Updated at 6:20 p.m. ET President Trump declared on Tuesday that his administration will remain a "steadfast partner" of Saudi Arabia, despite the CIA's assessment that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman personally approved the killing last month of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. "Maybe he did and maybe he didn't," Trump said of the crown prince's knowledge of the killing. The president's statement suggests he has no plans to further punish the crown prince or the Saudi government, although...
Asheville-based chef Meherwan Irani has been nominated for three James Beard Awards and co-founded a restaurant group with his wife, but he has no formal culinary training. He started cooking Indian food as a hobby born out of frustration with the lack of good Indian food options in the United States. With guidance from his mother, Irani recreated his favorite childhood foods in his own kitchen.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump asked to determine Saudi prince's 'role' in Khashoggi murder
- Yemen crisis: 85,000 children 'dead from malnutrition'
- Nedim Yasar: Reformed gangster shot after book launch
- Likely next Interpol chief Prokopchuk 'fox in the henhouse', US senators say
- E. coli outbreak: Romaine lettuce probed in US and Canada
- Kabul suicide bomber kills dozens at gathering of clerics