Work at WUNC! When we're hiring we post jobs here on our website.
The following jobs and internships are currently available at WUNC. Information about applying is contained in the body of each listing:
Producer for The State of Things
This position focuses on, but is not limited to, production of daily news and public affairs programs. These programs include interviews and analysis on many subjects (news, culture, etc.) in North Carolina. They are some of the most visible extensions of WUNC-FM’s public service to more than 400,000 listeners each week.
The Broadcast News Producer will be responsible for assisting WUNC’s listeners in the extension and enrichment of their education by presenting the audience with historical, contextual and current events information of cultural, political, healthcare, public policy, and economic issues.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- A familiarity with North Carolina issues is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in researching topics for news and interview broadcasts
- Demonstrated expertise in planning and meeting deadlines, working with materials from a variety of sources and collaborators
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues
- Creativity and initiative
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of radio broadcasting equipment, including digital editing programs, broadcast operating boards, phone screening systems and portable recording devices
Interested candidates must apply online at: http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/173195. Candidates should be prepared to attach a current CV, cover letter, and links to two produced radio segments and professional website/portfolio (if items are available). The deadline to apply is January 2, 2020.
WUNC-FM and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
There are no fellowship openings at this time.
There are no part-time openings at this time.
There are no internship openings at this time.