Updated 12:30 p.m. Thousands of National Guard troops, law enforcement officers and medical teams are working their way into damaged communities to search for survivors of Hurricane Michael.
Updated at 5:30 a.m. ET Thursday Tropical Storm Michael is weakening as it churns across south-central Georgia. On Wednesday, Michael was the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the continental U.S. in more than a quarter-century, according to the National Hurricane Center . At least one person has died from complications related to the storm. Gadsden County, Fla., Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Anglie Hightower told NPR the man was killed after a tree fell through the roof of his home. In...
Asheville may be tucked away in the mountains, but it is quickly building a reputation as “climate city,” a home for researchers, scientific entrepreneurs and nonprofit and governmental organizations working to address climate change.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Hurricane Michael leaves 'unimaginable destruction'
- Women stabbed to death on Greece's border with Turkey
- Air India plane hits wall on take-off
- Uganda landslide near Mount Elgon kills more than 30
- South Korea's Moon optimistic about end to Korean War
- Pope accepts Donald Wuerl's resignation as Washington DC archbishop