Schools across the southeastern part of the state remained closed this week as administrators begin to assess the damage from Hurricane Florence.
Sen. Claire McCaskill says she will vote against Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court, but the Missouri Democrat, who is facing re-election in November, says it is not because of allegations of sexual misconduct swirling around the nominee. In a statement posted to Twitter on Wednesday, McCaskill says the allegations made by Christine Blasey Ford — the professor who says Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when the two were teenagers — are "troubling" and need to be examined....
North Carolina is still reeling from Hurricane Florence. The death toll from the storm rose to at least 37 people in three different states Tuesday, with 27 fatalities in North Carolina. There are roughly 10,000 people still in shelters. Governor Roy Cooper urged those who evacuated to stay put.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Lake Victoria, Tanzania: Hundreds feared missing as ferry capsizes
- Russia reinstated by Wada after doping scandal suspension
- Marine Le Pen ordered to undergo psychiatric testing
- 'Multiple deaths' in Maryland shooting
- Jet Airways: Passengers hurt as pilots 'forget' cabin pressure
- Uganda's Bobi Wine: 'Tortured' pop star MP returns home