The man charged with killing two UNC Charlotte students and wounding four others in a classroom shooting earlier this year pleaded guilty to the crimes Thursday afternoon.
Spurred by what they see as a sluggish, ineffectual response to the existential threat of global warming, student activists from around the world are skipping school Friday, for what organizers call a Global Climate Strike. The young activists are protesting as the U.N. prepares to hold its Climate Action Summit on Monday in New York City. The strike's figurehead is 16-year-old Swedish activist Greta Thunberg, who traveled from Sweden to New York on an emissions-free sailboat . A little over...
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump dismisses 'ridiculous story' about alleged promise to foreign leader
- Saudi oil facility attacks: Race on to restore supplies
- Prince Andrew 'was an abuser', says Epstein accuser
- Student-led strikers: 'We need to do something'
- Cuba's 'sonic weapon' may have been mosquito gas
- Area 51: Storming of secretive Nevada base to 'see aliens' fails to materialise