Prosecutors asked a judge on Monday to give a former North Carolina congressman no prison time for lying to the FBI about his role in a plan to try to bribe the state's top insurance regulator with large political contributions.
Cruz Santos thought her life was finally turning around in early March when she found a job at a shoe store after months of looking. Two weeks later, the store shut down, throwing her back onto the unemployment lines, and leaving her and her three school-age kids at risk of losing the one-bedroom Bronx apartment where they live. "I don't know what's going to happen and if they're going to kick me out of my apartment. And that's something hard, you know. You can hardly even sleep sometimes,"...
How do visually impaired students learn best in a virtual classroom? That is Janet Perez’s job to figure out this year. She is the instructional and assistive technology facilitator at the Governor Morehead School for the Blind in Raleigh. Though she is sighted, Perez has plenty of feedback for web designers to make online learning more accessible (including some flaws on WUNC’s website).
Like & Follow WUNC
- Beirut explosion: Lebanon's government resigns as public anger mounts
- Belarus election: Second night of clashes over disputed poll
- Trump says someone shot near White House
- Downfall: BP worker sacked after Hitler meme wins payout
- Mauritius oil spill: Fears vessel may 'break in two' as cracks appear
- 'Crazy' Baltimore gas explosion destroys homes