Like it or not, Cheri Beasley's tenure as Chief Justice will be defined in large part by her response to COVID-19.
Updated on Nov. 23 at 3:20 p.m. ET President-elect Joe Biden is assembling his inner circle of advisers and Cabinet officials despite President Trump's continued dismissal of the validity of the election. The week of Thanksgiving, Biden named key nominees for his foreign policy and national security teams, including Avril Haines as director of national intelligence. Haines would be the first woman to serve in the role if confirmed. Alejandro Mayorkas, nominee for Department of Homeland...
Black lives matter. WUNC believes this because it is true, and truth fuels what we do at North Carolina Public Radio. WUNC does not believe that saying Black lives matter is a political statement, or supportive of any single organization, or that it conflicts with our journalistic mission. In fact, saying and believing that Black lives matter enhances that journalistic mission, by acknowledging the various levels of systemic racism with which our social, political and corporate establishments...
Hemp — including smokable hemp — is legal in North Carolina. But that is only the case if the hemp does not contain more than trace amounts of THC, the main psychoactive compound in marijuana. Hemp and marijuana can be similar in appearance. Both contain some level of THC, though hemp’s concentration is much lower.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump accepts US presidency transition to Biden must begin
- Biden cabinet: John Kerry named climate envoy as inner circle get key posts
- Paris police in 'shocking' clash at migrant camp
- Coronavirus: Millions travel for Thanksgiving despite warnings
- Metal monolith found by helicopter crew in Utah desert
- Egypt singer Mohamed Ramadan faces lawsuit over photo with Israelis