Teachers or other school staff in districts in 31 states can legally carry weapons in schools, according to a review of state laws and local news coverage by Guns & America. In 5 states — Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Texas and South Dakota — teachers or other school staff are explicitly authorized by state law to carry firearms in schools, according to a report by the Education Commission of the States . Another 26 states leave approval, policies and training requirements up to local school...
Leaders of the Justice Department have sent a summary of Robert Mueller's main findings to key members of Congress. The special counsel's office completed its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election on Friday. Attorney General William Barr is required to notify Congress that the investigation is complete but is not obligated to release the full report, as many in both parties have demanded . Read what Barr describes as Mueller's "principal conclusions" below....
Jaki Shelton Green spent her childhood with her nose in a book knowing there was a great big world that awaited her. A native of Orange County, North Carolina, Green was a fidgety child and her grandmother’s solution was to give her a writing pad. This simple gesture meant to keep her still in church, blossomed into a lifelong journey.
Like & Follow WUNC
- US-Mexico border wall: Pentagon authorises $1bn transfer
- Thailand election: Evidence of ‘irregularities’ says ex-PM Thaksin
- Nasa's first all-female spacewalk scrapped over spacesuit sizes
- Joshua Boyle: Canadian ex-hostage in court on assault charges
- Mexico demands apology from Spain and the Vatican over conquest
- Israel strikes Hamas targets in Gaza after rocket hits house