Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu December 15, 2011
A New Trial for Michael Peterson
Yesterday, Durham Judge Orlando Hudson granted convicted murderer Michael Peterson a new trial. In 2003, Peterson was found guilty of first-degree murder in the death of his wife. The judge granted the new trial due to questions raised about the credibility of State Bureau of Investigation agent Duane Deaver, who presented evidence against Peterson. Deaver, and others in the SBI crime lab, have been investigated for misconduct and faulty science.