Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed October 31, 2012
McCrory Continues To Lead Dalton In Fundraising
Republican Gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory continues to lead Democrat Walter Dalton in the polls and campaign fundraising.
Democrat Walter Dalton raised $1.4 million during the third quarter of this year. In total the Lt. Governor has raised $3.9 million in his bid to become the state’s Chief Executive. However, that total amounts to only about one third of the contributions Republican Pat McCrory has received. The former seven-term Charlotte Mayor raised $5 million during the past three months, totaling $11.6 million during this campaign. Meanwhile in legislative races, GOP fundraising totals have been aided by high ranking Republicans Thom Tillis and Phil Berger. The House Speaker and Senate Leader have each given more than one million dollars to the State Republican Party.