As we bid summer adieu, join Science Friday at the North Carolina Museum of Art for an event that celebrates the diverse, natural landscapes and impactful science happening from the coastline to the forested hills. We’ll watch three films produced by Science Friday in North Carolina and talk with the scientists featured on screen, who will discuss some of science’s biggest questions: How do we adapt as the climate changes? How are we alike the other animals on our plants? How can we help preserve the unique landscapes around the world?
Come meet the scientists and hear about their work:
- Dr. Emily Bernhardt, Biogeochemist and Ecologist at Duke University
- Dr. Marina Blanco, Project Director for SAVA Conservation at Duke Lemur Center
- Marcelo Ardon, Ecologist at NC State University
- Ryan Emanuel, Hydrologist at NC State University
- Laura Hamon, Graduate Student, Department of Applied Ecology at NC State University
Note: Due to unforeseen circumstances, Dr. Peter Klopfer from Duke University will not be able to attend this event.