While North Carolinians were sleeping early Friday morning, the General Assembly swiftly passed a bill that would shield death-investigation records from the public.
Updated at 5:35 p.m. A sharply divided U.S. Supreme Court stood by its most recent abortion-rights precedent Monday, delivering a major defeat to abortion opponents who had hoped for a reversal of fortunes at the court with the addition of two new Trump-appointed justices. By a 5-4 vote, the court struck down a Louisiana law that was virtually identical to a Texas law it invalidated just four years ago. Chief Justice John Roberts cast the fifth and decisive vote. Four years ago, the chief...
Stigma, confusion and outright discrimination shape the health care experiences of many transgender and gender non-conforming people. In a national survey of transgender people in the U.S., 29% said health care providers had refused to see them because of their actual or perceived gender identity.
On this edition of the Embodied series , host Anita Rao learns about the ways gender-affirming doctor’s visits, home life and classrooms can improve health outcomes for transgender and gender-nonconforming people.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Hong Kong security law: China passes controversial legislation
- Coronavirus: EU to allow in visitors from 14 'safe' countries
- Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China
- Israel annexation: What is the West Bank?
- Golden State Killer pleads guilty to 13 murders
- Kweichow Moutai: 'Elite' alcohol brand is China's most valuable firm