2:50 p.m. President Donald Trump says he'll visit Florida and Georgia early next week to assess damage from Hurricane Michael. Trump announced his plans on Twitter on Friday but didn't say what day he'll visit the affected areas.
Updated at 6 p.m. ET Roughly two years after Turkish authorities detained Andrew Brunson on suspicion of espionage, the U.S. pastor is a free man once more. Turkey ordered his release Friday, ending a case that heightened tensions between Turkey and the U.S. A court in the western city of Izmir actually sentenced Brunson to a little more than three years in prison, according to Turkey's state news agency Anadolu . However, as NPR's Peter Kenyon in Istanbul explains, the court says he will...
Asheville may be tucked away in the mountains, but it is quickly building a reputation as “climate city,” a home for researchers, scientific entrepreneurs and nonprofit and governmental organizations working to address climate change.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Turkey 'has recording proving Saudi murder'
- Hurricane Michael flattens beach town like 'mother of all bombs'
- Melania Trump: Donald Trump and I are fine
- Deciem founder Brandon Truaxe removed by Canada judge
- Andrew Brunson: US pastor leaves Turkey after release
- C-section births surge to 'alarming' rates worldwide - study