Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu November 17, 2011
A Tribute to Thomas Berry
Catholic priest and philosopher Thomas Berry believed that humanity and nature must coexist if human beings were going to continue to survive on this planet. He grew up and died in Greensboro, NC. In between, Berry wrote books, taught and spread the gospel of ecospirituality. Host Frank Stasio talks about Thomas Berry and his legacy with Berry’s niece Ann Somers, a lecturer in Biology at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro; and Valerie Vickers, a teacher of science education at UNC-Greensboro and the winner of the Greensboro Public Library’s 2011 Thomas Berry Award.