Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu July 19, 2012
The Storied Elderly
When James Clark retired as an English professor from North Carolina State University, he wasn't done teaching. He went from the classroom to the retirement home, where he taught the elderly how to share their experiences with family and friends through creative writing.
He was recently honored for his volunteer work. Host Frank Stasio talks to Clark about teaching our oldest generation how to write their stories.