Go behind the glass with The State of Things producer Jennifer Brookland, whose picks for best segments of 2017 included conversations on a civil war mystery, an overhaul of higher education, and the efforts of a hustling young entrepreneur.
Host Frank Stasio talks with producer Jennifer Brookland about her favorite interviews she produced this year including conversations with Charlotte teacher Justin Ashley, food company founder Becky Holmes, UNC allergist Scott Commins, biomedical engineer Rachel Lance, ichthyologist Alex Dornburg, education visionary Cathy Davidson and author Shawn Wen.
View a complete list of producer Jennifer Brookland's favorite segments below:
• Standout Teacher Vanquishes Personal Demons To Build Work-Life Balance
• Vegan Desserts Put Entrepreneur On The Rocky Road To Success: Meet Becky Holmes
• UNC Allergist Investigates Mysterious Meat Allergy
• The Rogue Scientist Who Solved A Civil War Mystery
• Scientist Uses Fish To Unlock Ecological Secrets
• Calling For a Revolution In Higher Education
• The Incredible Silent Success Of The Man Who Made Mime