Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed March 30, 2011
Picasso And Einstein Walk Into A Bar...
Imagine a situation in which Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso share an evening at a tavern discussing genius, art, science and the creative process. Comedian Steve Martin did just that when he wrote, “Picasso at the Lapin Agile,” which is currently on stage at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro, North Carolina.
The play engages with weightier concepts while still drawing on Martin’s unique brand of humor. Host Frank Stasio talks with the play’s director, Jeri Lynn Shulke, and actors Adam Samperi and Lucius Robinson about the genius of the main characters and the genius of Martin.