Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu July 19, 2012
A Peacebuilder's Life
Charles "Chic" Dambach didn't set out to bring peace to the world. In fact, he went to college to smash heads with fellow football players. But when racism on the team forced him to confront the inequities of the world, his path changed. From volunteering with the Peace Corps to working as chief of staff for a U.S.
Congressman, Dambach has spent his life intervening in war-torn countries and trying to bring peace. Host Frank Stasio talks to Dambach about his work and his memoir "Exhaust the Limits: The Life and Times of a Global Peacebuilder" (Apprentice House/2010).