Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri April 29, 2011
Each year MerleFest brings some of the best names in traditional music to North Carolina. It began in 1988 as a way to honor the memory of Doc Watson’s son, Eddy Merle Watson, and it raises money for Wilkes Community College in Wilkesboro near where the Watson family lives.
Host Frank Stasio will talk with musician John Cowan, a MerleFest veteran performer, about this year’s festival where he’ll play with The Doobie Brothers and his own John Cowan Band.