Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon July 30, 2012
Meet Bishop Michael Curry
Bishop Michael Curry grew up in an Episcopal Church steeped in the civil rights movement. This early example of faith as an instrument of change followed him throughout his life and spurred him to become an Episcopal priest.
He became the first African American Bishop of a Southern diocese when he was named Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina. Host Frank Stasio talks to Bishop Michael Curry about his life and faith.