Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed December 5, 2012
Manbites Dog Turns 25
Manbites Dog Theater has been a Durham institution for 25 years now, bringing offbeat works to curious audiences, and fostering other theater groups as they struggle for a foothold. As part of its birthday celebration, the theater company is presenting “Seventy Scenes of Halloween,” the first production to premiere at the theater in 1987. Host Frank Stasio talks about Manbites Dog and its evolution over the years with co-founder Ed Hunt; Akiva Fox, director of “Seventy Scenes of Halloween”; and Carl Martin and Emily Hill, actors in the production.