Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed January 11, 2012
Love and Superheroes
James Maxey writes fantasy novels. You’re more likely to encounter magic and dragons in his books than the harsh reality of fatal illness. But when the woman he loved was diagnosed and died of cancer, James found a way to memorialize his struggle in writing. The result was his new e-book called “Burn Baby Burn” (2012). It is available already, but James has another novel called “Greatshadow” (Solaris/2012) coming out this month.