Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Fri June 10, 2011
There's been a flurry of activity at the legislature this week as lawmakers work to get their measures approved in time to be considered. The Republicans control both the House and the Senate, and they are taking significant steps toward shifting North Carolina policy to the right. Meanwhile, Gov. Bev Perdue considers the budget, which calls for steep cuts to public education.