Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu April 5, 2012
The Legacy of Joe Thompson
Joe Thompson was a legendary fiddler, teacher and cultural icon. He passed away earlier this year after bringing new life to old-time string band music for many decades.
Host Frank Stasio talks about his legacy with Iris Thompson Chapman, a documentarian and former English Professor at Elon University; Bob Carlin, a banjo player and folklorist; Glenn Hinson, associate professor of anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Wayne Martin, the folklife director of the North Carolina Arts Council.