Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu November 15, 2012
With Obamacare in effect, about 32 million citizens will become eligible for healthcare. As it stands now, our healthcare facilities are markedly understaffed.
But every year, the United States issues about 20,000 healthcare visas to workers from around the world. Dr. Kate Tulenko joins host Frank Stasio today to discuss her research and new book “Insourced: How Importing Jobs Impacts the Healthcare Crisis Here and Abroad” (Dartmouth/2012). Kate Tulenko is a physician and the senior director at IntraHealth International.