Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed August 8, 2012
Hearts and Mines
Russell Snyder was a patriotic American who joined the Army after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
What he saw in Iraq changed his view of the war and America's role in it. His new book, "Hearts and Mines: A Memoir of Psychological Warfare in Iraq" (Casemate/2012), chronicles his experiences during combat. Snyder joins host Frank Stasio to talk about the book and what shifted his perspective on the conflict.