Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue March 29, 2011
Abuse and neglect at the hands of hired caregivers are very real concerns for the elderly. But for gay seniors, these can be even bigger problems as they face discrimination within the healthcare system. A new film called “Gen Silent” examines the challenges of being out and aging. Host Frank Stasio gets a preview from filmmaker Stu Maddux before the film screens in Cary and Chapel Hill this weekend.