Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed February 23, 2011
Donald Rumsfeld Reimagined
In their slim but fascinating novel, "Donald" (McSweeney's, 2011), Durham writer Eric Martin and his co-author Stephen Elliott explore the provocative question: What if former U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld were abducted from his home without warning and imprisoned without being told why? How would the man who oversaw the creation of prisons such as those at Guantanamo Bay and Bagram react if he were looking from the inside out?