Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue December 18, 2012
The Case of Nathan Bowie
In 1991, Nathan Bowie and his uncle killed two men — Nelson Shuford and Calvin Wilson — outside an apartment complex in Catawba County. Bowie was 20 years old at the time. The crime was inexcusable and Bowie received the death penalty for it. But the case was complicated by a number of factors that could have kept Bowie off of death row.