Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed April 25, 2012
Brewing in North Carolina
Erik Lars Myers was disguised as your average IT guy, but he was also diligently spending his nights and weekends brewing beer in his backyard for 13 years. He found the world of beer so interesting that he wrote a popular blog about it called topfermented.com.
And eventually, his inner brew master took over and he left his day job to start a craft beer company called Mystery Brewing in Hillsborough. Erik's new book is called “North Carolina Craft Beer & Breweries” (John F. Blair/2012). He signs copies tonight at the Bottle Shop in Carrboro but first he joins host Frank Stasio in the studio.