Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Arts & Culture
Wed August 15, 2012
Billy Graham Resting At Home After Hospital Stay
Evangelist Billy Graham has been released from the hospital and is resting at his home in Montreat.
Gurnal Scott: Graham was admitted to the hospital last Sunday to be treated for bronchitis. According to his doctor at Mission Hospital in Asheville, Graham had a "quick recovery" and has "responded very well to treatment.The Asheville Citizen Times reports the 93-year-old Graham enjoyed visits from family members while also interacting with hospital staff keeping his spirits high. Graham’s staff says during his recovery, he will continue with his current care and physical therapy routine. He will also continue his limited involvement in his ministry and several writing projects. Among them is a book about his past seven decades of public ministry that began with the first "Billy Graham Crusade" in 1947.