Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed June 15, 2011
The Miss North Carolina beauty pageant begins this Tuesday. The winner of that will compete in the illustrious Miss America beauty pageant. Both contests are influential, doing much to perpetuate a certain image of female beauty. But is that image of beauty harmful?