Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu January 10, 2013
And God Created Great Whales
It took Obie-award winning playwright Rinde Eckert three tries before he embraced the brilliance of Moby Dick. Good thing he persevered, because it’s the subject of his play “And God Created Whales,” which follows a composer trying to adapt Melville’s classic into an opera as he slowly loses his memory. Host Frank Stasio talks to Rinde Eckert, composer, writer and actor in “And God Created Whales,” being put on by Playmakers Repertory Company at Kenan Theatre on the Campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill through Sunday.