Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri September 7, 2012
Amy Goodman has dedicated her life to progressive journalism. She founded the radio program “Democracy Now!” in 1996, and has continued to cover important stories ever since, including those that the mainstream media sometimes misses. She is in Durham, NC this Saturday promoting her new book, "The Silenced Majority: Stories of Uprisings, Occupations, Resistance, and Hope” (Haymarket Books/2012).
Host Frank Stasio talks to Goodman about her work, the just-wrapped Democratic National Convention and the upcoming presidential election.