Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Mon September 19, 2011
American Mortgage Conference in Raleigh
Some of the nation’s leading housing finance experts will be in Raleigh today and tomorrow for the American Mortgage Conference. Thad Woodard is president and C-E-O of the North Carolina Bankers Association. He says they wanted to present a major platform to answer some major questions about the future of home financing.
Thad Woodard: "Edward DeMarco, the acting director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency is going to make a major address. The most amazing thing about it all is in the room with him will be the two guys he regulates – the head of Fannie Mae and the head of Freddie Mac. So it’s going to be very, very solid, worth every body’s while."
Woodard says he is disappointed neither President Barack Obama nor any of the top Republican presidential candidates will be able to join the mortgage conference at the Raleigh Crabtree Marriott. Republican presidential candidate and former Louisiana governor Charles Roemer III is scheduled to speak.