Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon September 24, 2012
American Graduate & The Monti: Bill Kenyon
This week public radio stations across the country are taking part in American Graduate Week. It's a Public Media initiative that looks at the drop out crisis and other issues in the public schools. As a part of our coverage, WUNC partnered with the performance story-telling group The Monti for a series of stories about school. Our first one comes from Bill Kenyon -- he's a teacher from Hillsborough -- he told his story, without notes, in front of a live audience at The Monti.