Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Kevin Whitehead is the jazz critic on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
Widely written on American and improvised musics, Whitehead's articles have appeared in publications such as the Chicago Sun-Times, Village Voice, and Down Beat. He is the author of Why Jazz: A Concise Guide (2010) and New Dutch Swing (1998), and the jazz columnist for eMusic.com. His essays have appeared in numerous anthologies including Da Capo Best Music Writing 2006, Jazz: The First Century and The Cartoon Music Book.
Whitehead taught at the University of Kansas and Goucher College. He lives outside of Austin, Texas.