Updated 12:30 p.m. Thousands of National Guard troops, law enforcement officers and medical teams are working their way into damaged communities to search for survivors of Hurricane Michael.
Updated at 5:30 a.m. ET Thursday Tropical Storm Michael is weakening as it churns across south-central Georgia. On Wednesday, Michael was the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the continental U.S. in more than a quarter-century, according to the National Hurricane Center . At least one person has died from complications related to the storm. Gadsden County, Fla., Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Anglie Hightower told NPR the man was killed after a tree fell through the roof of his home. In...
Asheville may be tucked away in the mountains, but it is quickly building a reputation as “climate city,” a home for researchers, scientific entrepreneurs and nonprofit and governmental organizations working to address climate change.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Investigation starts into dramatic Soyuz rocket breakdown
- Storm Michael: Monster storm mauls US south-east
- Kanye: 'Trump hat made me feel like Superman'
- F-35 jets: US military grounds entire fleet
- Payton Summons: Brain dead girl denied further life support
- Turkish footballer Arda Turan quizzed over 'attack' on singer Berkay