Congressman Walter Jones was laid to rest Thursday following a funeral service at St. Peter's Catholic Church in Greenville. The 3rd Congressional District representative died Sunday on his 76th birthday.
Updated at 11:45 a.m. ET Calling it "a great thing to do," President Trump declared a national emergency on Friday in order to help finance a long-promised wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. It's a highly unusual move from an unconventional president. The move came a day after Congress approved a spending bill giving Trump more than $1.3 billion in border security funding, far short of the $5.7 billion he originally claimed was necessary for a border wall. In circuitous remarks in the Rose...
Romance novels made up almost a quarter of the U.S. fiction market in 2016, second only to general fiction. Some people may think of the genre solely as Harlequin -published books with a man who looks like Fabio on the cover. But romance fiction encompasses more than this stereotype.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Mexico border wall: Trump confirms emergency move
- Spanish PM sets snap election for April
- Family acquitted over Italian woman's killing
- Russian leaflets denigrate 'novichok' scientist Vladimir Uglev
- Vatican envoy Luigi Ventura faces sexual assault claim
- General Joseph Votel breaks rank with Trump over Syria