For thousands of elderly veterans, long term care means living in a nursing home or institutional care setting. But some have found a much homier option.
Updated at 4:13 p.m. ET A federal judge sentenced Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen to three years in prison on Wednesday following Cohen's guilty pleas to a number of political and finance crimes. Those three years would be followed by three years of supervised release, and Cohen also is subject to forfeiture of $500,000, restitution of $1.4 million and fines totaling $100,000. Cohen had asked for leniency. He said in court, however, that he accepts responsibility for his actions. ...
The United Nations Climate Change Conference in Katowice, Poland is not going well for the Trump administration. Officials’ speeches have been met with laughter, hecklers, and people walking out of the room. Some protestors are calling the administration's push for clean coal “climate suicide.” The annual meeting, known informally as Cop24, is geared toward ending global warming, and this year attendees are focused on how to implement the Paris Agreement.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Michael Cohen blames Trump's 'dirty deeds' as he is jailed
- Strasbourg shooting: Police appeal to find Chérif Chekatt
- California man freed after two days trapped in restaurant grease vent
- Maduro accuses US of plotting to kill him
- Burundi denies running secret torture houses
- Central African football official Ngaïssona faces war crimes trial