Facing a shortage of pilots, the Air Force is experimenting with ways to make training programs faster and less expensive.
Updated at 1:20 p.m. ET Nebraska has executed its first prisoner since 1997 , after a federal three-judge panel denied a drug company's request to halt the lethal injection over concerns about whether the drugs were obtained improperly by the state. Tuesday morning's execution of Carey Dean Moore is also the first time the powerful synthetic opioid fentanyl had been used in a lethal injection in the U.S. Moore, who has been in prison since 1980 after he was convicted in the murders of two...
What does home mean, and how does the idea of home change over time? Mexico City-based photographer Keith Dannemiller explored these questions during a month-long residency at the Eyes on Main Street program based in Wilson, North Carolina.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Italy bridge: Rescuers search for survivors in Genoa
- Pennsylvania priests 'abused thousands of children'
- Fraser Anning: Australia MPs condemn 'final solution' speech
- Israel to reopen Gaza cargo crossing if calm holds
- Illinois sues Trump Tower over Chicago River water use
- Nebraska first in US to use opioid fentanyl in execution