The state elections board will hold a hearing this month on possible vote tampering in North Carolina's 9th Congressional District race. The key question is whether there's enough evidence to warrant a new election.
Updated at 6:45 p.m. ET Former President George H.W. Bush was remembered as "a great and noble man" by his eldest son, former President George W. Bush, at a solemn but joyous state funeral at Washington National Cathedral. The cathedral bells tolled as the casket containing the 41st president was carried by a military honor guard down the center aisle on Wednesday morning. Seated together on one side of the aisle were President Trump and former Democratic Presidents Barack Obama, Bill Clinton...
When Paula Dance started her campaign for sheriff of Pitt County, she knew her win would make history. Dance would become the county’s first African-American sheriff and the first African-American female sheriff in the state. What she could not predict, however, was the wave of black sheriffs that would join her. The November midterms ushered in black sheriffs in Buncombe, Cumberland, Durham, Forsyth, Guilford, Mecklenburg, Pitt and Wake counties. Five of these countries have never had an African-American sheriff.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Huawei CFO arrest 'violates human rights', China says
- Yemen war: 'Milestone' peace talks begin in Sweden
- Lena Dunham says defending accused writer was 'a terrible mistake'
- Tennessee inmate chooses electric chair over lethal injection
- Acid attack on Nicaragua priest during confession
- Dutch girl's 'hijacked' party invite prompts riot fears